Monday, March 20, 2006

Nice - Day 1

Ben and Brendan told me that I could leave , "without a pint of Guinness. For fuck's sake, it is St. Patty's Day" - It was 11:30am. The departure from Lyon was a sad one. Because for the first time, I wasn't thinking of my retrun home.

I got on the next train to the Còte D'azur, Nice aka the French Rivera. I wondered whether I would continue to meet more great people and like that last hostel, "would the showers work in thirty second bursts of hot water"?

I had little trouble finding Hostel, Chez Patrick. After settling,and grabbing something quick to eat, I was back at the hostel again for some down time. I ran into another set of Irish guys - two from Galway- and 23 year woman who teaches English in France. After we exchange names and some small talk, I was told not to take off my jacket, because "for fuck's sake, it's St. Patty's Day!"
RWPjr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home