Friday, March 17, 2006

Chicago - Day 5

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! I forgot to bring anything green, so I bought a Chicago Shamrock t-shirt to fit in with the natives. Now all I need to do is find the best corned beef and cabbage in town.

I visited with Nicole Crane at the Goethe Institut Chicago and then Margreth Trumpi at the Consulate General of Switzerland yesterday. Both women are incredibly supportive and intelligent. We had wonderful conversations which did manage to get around to norway.today. Things are progressing well and they've both offered as much help as they can provide.

Thanks to my fine feather Chicago brethern, DChap, I was able to see the new adaptation of A Flea in Her Ear by David Ives at Chicago Shakespeare Theater. I'd never seen or read it before, so it was a special treat. The show was directed by Gary Griffin, who directed the Broadway version of The Color Purple, and was also my firest directing teaching 14 years ago at Cherubs. Though he had absolutely no idea who I was, he was nice enough to pretend. I find it so funny that I've already seen more theatre in the span of a couple days here in Chi-town than I have in NYC in months. Always takes going away to take advantage of what's around you.

digiddy

1 Comments:

Blogger THALATTA! Theatre International said...

How did they offer to help?

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home