Friday, March 17, 2006

Lyon - Day 4

The trek to my first hostel in Lyon, France seemed to be like hiking up a mountain with a bag the size of a small person on my back. The view from the garden and my bedroom made the hike worth every step. The entire town was in view from where I slept. The streets are paved with cobble stones and midevil and renaissance houses. When you cross the river, you find it lined with bars and clubs on boats not far from the university and the town centre.

Inside the hostel, I find two roommates and the two people that I will spend every waking hour with in Lyon. Ben and Brendan welcomed me to enjoy France and all that Lyon had to offer like no other Irishmen could - to be perfectedly completed on St. Patty's Day. These passed few days proved, surprisingly, to be full of laughs and thought-provoking conversation. We plan to meet up again in London. "Awesome." On to Nice!!!

RWPjr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home