Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Reality It Ain't

In an attempt to pay next month's rent, I've taken a job as a PA on a reality TV series produced by the BBC, airing on the Learning Channel, called 'Honey, We're Killing the Kids'. I've only had a limited amount of experience on a 'film shoot' and it's always been in front of the camera. Being behind the scenes is quite a different experience. You might wonder how the hell I ended up with this gig, and the short answer is: my cousin is the producer/director. Well, she's not really my cousin; she's my mother's best friend's daughter. Since neither of my parents have siblings, Laura is as close as it gets to extended family. We were chatting on the phone last week and I told her I needed a job. A few days later, she hired me as her PA out on Long Island, and now here I am in my Marriot hotel room, in the same parking lot as Charlie Brown's, Chile's, Wendy's and the Island 16 'Cinema de Lux'. Ain't the suburbs grand?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home