Sunday, September 03, 2006

Tragedy is Easy - Comedy is Difficult

So it's past the midnight hour and I'm coming out of a nine hour rehearsal. I have an eight hour one tomorrow. We open in a week. The trouble with comedy is, after awhile, you don't know if it's funny any more or not. There was a time where it was funny. That's why I told the actors to keep 'the bits'. But now I don't know if it's too much or not enough or just plain trying too hard. I don't know if it's that I can't communicate what I need to without just doing it myself or if the actors are only capable of certain feats or if the plays are outdated and aren't effective social commentaries anymore. I think back on today and wonder if we got alot done or very little at all. The only thing I am confident of is that I'm over tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home