Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Berlin...

I spent 5 days in Berlin. There are many reasons why, but mainly because of its people. Berlin was full of vibrant youthful energy. A city in constant reformation, but nevertheless there are still reminders at every corner of the history that is as young as 15 years old. My intro to Berlin was a random conversation with a lawyer on the train from Frankfurt to Berlin, we chatted about NYC and its differences from Berlin. I thought the guy was hitting on me, but you realize very quickly that this is just how friendly everyone is, from the lawyer on the train to the girl working the register at the movie theatre, who is also photographer; to the staff working at the hostel.

There in Berlin, I met a writer covering the Biannual Contemporary Art exhibition(depressing to say the least). Shops lining the streets of the trendy East Side, were bustling with people going in and out of galleries and exhibitions, some installations were in people homes. I spent a day walking through and artist's compound where several well know artists were squatting. The outside served as a beer garden where you can view trash made in huge sculpture. I then manage to meet with the playwright, Kristo Sagor (finally some business) The writer of Threesome Without Simone, one the plays featured in THALATTA!'s Salon Series. I began to make friends within days of being in this foreign country. I felt by the fifth day that if I didn't leave now, I would never leave...So on to Amsterdam.


RWPjr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home