Monday, April 10, 2006

The Arrival


We arrived in Chicago yesterday afternoon after a lengthy, though not long, road trip. Other than the weird snow-hail storm around Allentown, PA, our journey was smooth sailing. We stopped off in Pittsburgh on Saturday so I could wax nostalgic over my years in 'da burgh. Richard was kind enough to humor me while I gave him a tour of Carnegie Mellon and my old haunts, including Harris' Bar and Grill (where I had my first legal drink) and the Church Brew Works (where I continued the trend).

I am happy to report that the apartment is as cool as I remember it (and Richard thought so too). We unpacked and headed out for some Chicago pizza (thin crust) and a cheap bottle of wine to celebrate our arrival. I met with Margreth Trumpi at the Swiss consulate this morning and we finalized the application to the Swiss organization that will hopefully fund Igor's trip over from Zurich. We also had the chance to talk with him to solidify his plans. Things are really beginning to roll and I love it.

As I walked around Wicker Park early this morning looking for a place to have breakfast, I repeatedly saw some spray painted graffiti with the text: You Have Nothing To Lose. Though I shouldn't condone vandalism, I thought of it as a sign. Time to move forward. No holds barred.

digiddy

1 Comments:

Blogger THALATTA! Theatre International said...

oh, i'll be back. nothing can keep me away from pittsburgh for long.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home