Sunday, March 18, 2007

Talkie Talkie

Saw 'Talk Rad!o' the other night and it was, um, well it was, uh, good, I guess. Liev Schreiber does a really bang-up job, though I don't know if I'd go as far as to say (as Ben Brantley did) that he's the 'greatest actor of [my] generation.' He's certainly been given the opportunity (thanks to the Public) to be have been graced with prime roles, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he's the best of the best. No doubt, he's the most engaging actor on the stage, but that's not saying much. As attractive as Bobby Flay's wife is, she certainly doesn't command that much attention beyond eye-candy. The play was initially a vehicle for Eric Bogosian to flaunt his macho-ravings, and I can't say it's stood the test of time, especially with the likes of Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh in the contemporary mix, but overall it was an fun 100 minutes of entertainment. I imagine the 17 producers will make their money back, though one of them, who shall remain nameless, had a bio that made me understand how money plays an enormous role in bringing average, uncontroversial theatre to the Boradway. She happily makes memories with her children and grandchildren in Long Beach, Aspen and Dallas. She would like to send a heartfelt thanks to her family and friends for their love and support in 'making all memories'. It is a pleasure to help bring this exciting play to Broadway. I love NYC." I guess 'Talk Rad!o' is as controversial and edgy as a den mother from the suburbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home