Tuesday, March 07, 2006

London - Day 1

The wings of an airplane fascinate me. To think that those massive structures operate in the least like the ones that I created in grade school is quite the invention. The flight is 75% empty. I have an entire row to myself which relieves me. Because if I am to have my inevitable panic attack regarding my vacating my apartment and quitting my job and seeking solace on another continent upon lift off, I would at least like my privacy... the panic attack did not happen - at least not yet

I proudly present my passpot at customs. The woman's accent behind the counter makes me giggle. I HAVE ARRIVED! I wanted to scream to her. - I presented my American passport proudly beaming from the ears. "why did you come here?" she asks politely. I begin to rattle off in short form this week's experiences leading up to today. I finish with a exasperated sigh. Her smile disappears and her once polite tone turns flat. "Frankly, um.. checking your passport again, Mr. Prioleau, I am concerned that you have left your apartment and quit your job and have decided to come here." Inside I scream, "SO AM I LADY!"

RWPjr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home